When will I know whether I have got a stall?
- Completing and submitting an ‘Application Form’ is not a guarantee that you have reserved a space.
- We usually delay deciding which applications are successful until all the applications are in. This is to try and ensure that we have a good mix of stalls at the market.
- We aim to contact you two weeks before the market date to let you know if you have been successful or not; you will receive an email either way. Please make sure we are on your safe senders list. You will be told the pitch number in that email.
- If your application has been unsuccessful your cheque will be shredded after the market applied for, just in case you are chosen for a cancellation. If you would like it returned to you please send a stamped addressed envelope with your application or after the market date.
- In the event of our cancellation of the market your payment will be returned in full or held over for the next market by your instruction.
- In the event that you wish to cancel after being approved: your deposit will only be refunded if we are successful in filling your allocated space. If you wish to cancel within a week of the event you may not be eligible for a refund although we will do our best to find a replacement. No matter how late, if you can’t attend please do let us know, it is likely there will be others who would jump at the chance to have a pitch.
What are the access arrangements on market day?
- Sharrow Vale Rd is a one-way road for most of the area used for the market. This is not officially closed until 9.00am and reopens at 5 pm. We do not like stalls to be cleared before 4.15 pm, even if you have run out of produce. You could take the opportunity to market yourself/your products.
- All road space will have been allocated for stalls, so vehicles must be parked off site. There is stall holder parking at Kingfield Synagogue – 127 Psalter Lane, S11 8UX; this is a way away so you will need to have thoroughly unpacked your vehicle.
- There is no space to have your vehicle parked near or next to your stall once unpacked.
What space and facilities can I expect as a stall holder?
- You will be allocated a 3m x 3m space. If you have a requirement for more please specify this on your application form; increased charges may apply depending on the size required.
- Only space is provided: there are no tables or gazebos for you to use, you must bring your own stall set (inc. weights) and make sure it is weatherproof! ☺
- There is no electricity provided.
- There is a WC for stallholders located at the rear of the Pet Shop.
What insurance do stall holders need?
- Stallholders handling food are required by law to have undertaken Food Hygiene training and operate in accordance with current UK legislation.
- All stallholders using bottled gas or any other inflammable substance need to have appropriate safety equipment including fire extinguisher (powder for gas), fire blanket and heat resistant gloves and provide us with a Fire Risk Assessment before the market.
- All stallholders are required to have their own Public Liability insurance to be shown on the application form.